Originally known as Full Mesh Networks, WiTopia was established in the year 2003 with an aim to deliver expensive and complicated security technology on the internet as an array of managed services. The company created a hosted platform to manage and protect Wi-Fi networks, as well as carry out the prevention of wireless intrusion, throughout the internet. It is individuals and small organizations that require powerful yet simple data security measures more than large business organizations, due to the increase in unsecured Wi-Fi, identity theft, and other cybercriminal activities. WiTopia understood this requirement pretty fast and launched personal VPN to maintain your online anonymity as well as encrypt all your data before being transferred across unreliable networks. And, today WiTopia offers data security and personal privacy services to several thousands of individuals and small business all across the globe. This WiTopia VPN review discusses about all the features offered by the provider.
Why Choose WiTopia?
Following are some of the reasons for why you should choose WiTopia as your VPN provider:
- Low pricing: The crazy low pricing offered by WiTopia is by design. The company does not gouge you by providing one offer to a customer one day and make up to it from a different customer. Instead, it offers excellent deals to all its customers and uses your positive word-of-mouth as their marketing strategy to profit over the long run. Also, you need not worry about being cut corners somewhere. One reason that WiTopia charges so less, yet delivers more, is due to its superior infrastructure and its achievement of economies of scale that is usually lacked by other providers. Hence, you will receive comprehensive services at low cost.
- Excellent network size: Size is an important factor when it comes to networking. The VPN network of WiTopia dominates the others, with more than hundred servers located in over 65 cities across 40 different countries. It offers a hugely diverse and redundant mix of routes and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) for your data and also provides real-time unlimited server switching.
- They are professionals: Some of the engineers of WiTopia have worked with data security and IP networking way before there was even such a thing. The company has built, designed, and managed data and internet security services for thousands of SMBs, individuals, governments, and corporations since the early 90s. Hence, they know what they are doing and this is important since they are managing your valuable data.
- Easy and fast online setup: The setup of WiTopia VPN takes only 2 to 3 minutes. Though VPNs are cryptic applications, the company has put in a lot of time and money to develop an easy and quick online setup, outstanding software to encrypt all your data, and a comprehensive customer portal. WiTopia also offers 24×7×365 customer support.
- Fast lane: WiTopia monitors its network closely and makes sure it always has abundance of additional servers, bandwidth, and power to support the peak demands of customers easily. This keeps your WiTopia VPN running fast.
- Superior uptime: With WiTopia VPN, you connect via career-grade infrastructure that functions in consolidated secure data centers with interminable generator backup power. This, in addition to their scalable and powerful UNIX environment, and comprehensive network management and monitoring system, results in superior network uptime and availability.
In addition, WiTopia VPN also provides the following:
- Complete support for L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN SSL, PPTP, and Cisco IPSec protocols.
- Global VPN network with IP addresses in more than 60 cities across 40 countries around the world.
- Instantaneous and unlimited switching between all global VPN servers.
- Unblocked and unlimited bandwidth.
- Support for Windows 7, vista, Windows XP, Mac OSX, Linux, iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Google Chromebook, Android, and HP webOS.
- Free secure DNS service to ensure maximum privacy, security, and performance.
- Alternate ports to bypass blocks of any sort.
- Options for 256-bit encryption.